The View From Here

Monday, July 16, 2007

What goes around...

There's a saying: "What goes around, comes around"

When you treat people well, eventually you will reap the rewards that go along with being kind, honest, sincere and hardworking. I just saw, first-hand, how this can play out.

We have a client for whom we've been working long hours to try to finalize their financial statements. They know how much time we've put into the project because we've kept in touch with them throughout the process. They've received status updates regularly and have been very easy to work with. In a recent phone conversation when discussing an up-coming meeting, our client mentioned, since he's done with his end he's not sure what to do with his day. My dad's response..."Take a day off buddy. You deserve it. Go play golf."

Now my dad doesn't make a habit of calling anyone buddy, outside our immediate family. Yet, he has built a relationship with our client that is more akin to friendship than just mere colleagues.

That brief exchange reminded me why I work here...I'm treated well just as every one of the team members and each client. Being respected and made to feel part of a team is a great way to encourage staff to put in the extra hours willingly.

Disclaimer: In case I haven't mentioned it before...I work for my dad, John Guelcher, founder and partner in K2S.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home